Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Home for the holidays!


It feels so good to be home! After four months of being away, there is no better Christmas present than being with my mom, dad, and my three brothers (aka three of my best friends ever. They are the best!). There certainly is something about going to college across the country that makes you realize how much your family actually means to you.
I honestly did not think I would have missed my family as much as I did. I was excited about the real world and being independent but being back home feels so right and awesome. I really love being back home, on my favorite couch, with my favorite blanket draped on me as I write this. I would not want to be at any other place.
I also realized how much of a family person I am. I love my family. I love the idea of families. I can’t wait to have my own family. Family. Family. Family. There is nothing better than individuals who love you no matter what. You can annoy them, or get them mad as much as you want but you always know that they will forever be there for you because they are family.
For the next three weeks, I will indulge in the warm San Diego weather, in my mother’s cooking, in the laughter and unconditional love my family has to offer, in all my beautiful reunions with friends and prepare my mind for another great semester off at college. Sitting here and reflecting about my life, I really do not have a thing to complain about. I am so fortunate to have the great people that I have in my life including my beautiful family and friends. It is more than what I could ever wish to get for Christmas.
Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment